Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Dreamscapes

Dreams are such weird phenomena. Have you ever really just thought about it? The very concept of dreams (and controlling them...go Inception) is fantastical. In their free time (aka when we sleep), our brains decide they want to go on an adventure of sorts. How great for us, considering we may be doing a number of truly awesome things - perhaps getting frisky with someone truly dreamy [read: unreal] (like Shia Laboeuf or Brad Pitt....or perhaps Angelina Jolie for all you guys out there...), winning the lottery and buying everything we've ever wanted, kicking that bully's ass, or just simply being more happy than we could ever imagine being possible (soon to realize when we wake up that it was just that, too good to be true...and then you try to go back to sleep promptly to return to that phenomenal dreamscape).

That's to say you're one of the lucky ones and have great dreams. I must say I'm pretty lucky as I rarely have bad dreams, and I find that I only have bad dreams when I'm stressed out (and that's pretty rare). Scary movies pre-bed time don't even get me anymore. But man, they are freaking BAD when I do have them. I've died at least 3 or 4 times (that I can remember) in my dreams. In the craziest ways! I burned alive (well, who wouldn't in that dream, evidently the entire world was on fire), I've been bitten in the ass by a venomous snake while on roller skates, I've been shot (not so crazy, but still), and the list goes on. Where these notions come from and what they mean about my subconscious beats me, and I don't think I really care to find out. Unless it's funny.

What really gets me is when I wake up in the morning, knowing that I had a pretty amazing dream, but can't remember for the life of me what the hell it was about. And then throughout the next day, having these tiny "flashbacks" of the dream, only to find that when I focus my brain on it the flashback immediately dissipates. Let me just say that our brains are truly expert covert agents.

Hands down, my absolute favorite dreams are the ones in which you're completely lucid and know 100% that you're dreaming...so you can do whatever the hell you want to. In these dreams, if I focus hard enough, I am the mistress of my dreamscape...I can instantly go whereever I want, or make people appear if I really want them to be there (say, that new guy I'm crushing on, lol), or make shit happen. These dreams are few and far between...all the more reason to make the best of it! Tell me what you guys dreamt of last night...or what you didn't...that is, if anyone is reading this right now. [TAMMY!!! You rock! Thanks for being my very first and most awesome follower!! xoxo.]

No comments:

Post a Comment