Friday, August 13, 2010

Post Numero Uno

I suppose since I started a blog, I should proceed to write a first post, eh?

Did you notice the "eh" I threw in there? No, I'm not from Canadia (I wrote Canadia on purpose, folks). But I talk to Canadians at job #1 (aka the "day job") every day. If anything, it throws people for a loop (or, it was involuntary and I'm too lazy to delete it).

Perhaps you noticed my numeric reference to my job. That's right, I have multiple jobs. Despite how much I appreciate job #1 (and its glorious benefits), it's job #2 that really lights up my life (insert sarcasm reference here). Hostessing. Essentially, I stand there, look pretty, and tell people where to sit. The best part? I get to bear witness to human nature at its worst, and just how stupid people can be. Now I consider myself a pretty patient, objective person (I believe in giving people the benefit of the doubt in most circumstances), but honestly, the restaurant industry has seriously challenged all of that. Honestly, sir, do you really think that I'm responsible - as the hostess - for you receiving a parking ticket when you parked in the only no parking zone around?! Well, ... he really did. And he made sure to tell the manager. Foolish old man. As if we were actually going to call the Police Department for you to try and get you out of that ticket.

*Heavy sigh* At least I like the people I work with. And job #1 makes up for what job #2 lacks.... I don't have to deal with idiots on a daily basis (although there's the occasional vendor that puts a stick in that theory). Not to mention, I tutor in my "free" time. I truly enjoy doing that though. I get to help kids out and mentor them. Despite my apparent lack of patience (only true at job #2, haha), I do a pretty good job as a coach and mentor (I know, surprise surprise, lol). I do that stuff at job #1 on occasion as well. That's the stuff I really like doing. 

So that's a lil about me. Something I'll probably tell you all (or no one, because that's probably how many people will be reading my blog, but regardless I'll still probably tell) later is about my journey to be vegetarian. I've been brainwashed by a book, and now am completely incapable of eating any type of meat. (NOTE: by brainwashed, I mean I got educated and the truth is scary). Enough for the first post. Everyone have a fruitful weekend, and don't catch heat stroke.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging Daisykins! And thanks for the blogroll love!

    ReplyDelete